Wednesday, May 23, 2007

You can lead a horse to coffee...

...
but you can't make him believe that its primary biological effect is competitive inhibition with adenosine receptors in the brain and that it won't really lead to dehydration. This is because by and large, horses are stupid and can't speak english or even understand simple hand signals.

I suppose I have to do a triathlon without using caffeine and keeping all other factors equal if I want to claim any sort of scientific validity about my experiment involving multiple cans of red bull making such an event go more smoothly. But 140 mg of caffeine and 48th out of 376 says it's probably okay.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sweet pic Topher!

—b

Victoria said...

Very cool. That looks like the best way to celebrate a finish!

So, I was going to post this on the other post...but since this one is still about caffiene...

One of my coworkers said this to me this morning, "Caffiene is so addictive. So much so that a friend of mine just had to do a drug test for her new job and they told her they were testing her blood for caffiene tolerance and if it was too high that would prove she is addicted to caffiene and she wouldn't get the job."

I looked at her and said, "There are so many things wrong with that sentance, I don't know where to start!" My next thought was, I need to post this comment on Chris's blog....

so enjoy ripping that one to shreds!

Vic