Wednesday, November 08, 2006

And the apathetic will disco down

Today marks the start of the political offseason. Finally. This is the beauty of representative democracy to me: I only have to think about the issues once every couple of years. And, now that I've lost any sort of power I had until the next election, *they* (and we know who they are) leave me alone. No more crap flyers under my wiper blades. No more TV commercials about how the other candidate enjoys shooting at children with a pellet gun. The advertising gets so ridiculous that it almost makes me wish we lived in a dictatorship, where all you see are positive ads for whatever despot is at the top of the food chain.

Okay, maybe that's overdoing it, but still, don't you just wish the powers that be would give you some credit? Now we have, like maybe a 2-week window where you're not being screamed at about what you should do. Then, the consumerism season hits and instead of being told how to vote you get told where to spend your money (your family needs this piece of crap that we're vending or they will think you hate them!).

So I guess my point is go watch TV, while the ads are still harmless and inane? Or, maybe it's that life is too valuable to be spent throwing poo at others, metaphorically to be sure, but please not literally either. Or, it could be that Amy Klobuchar should celebrate her victory by getting some orthodontic work done, for the people, Amy, for the people.
This woman sold crack to your children!
Paid for by the campaign to re-elect Mark Kennedy

No comments: