Monday, October 06, 2008

3800 calories later...

I'm feeling the aftermath of my marathon-running stunt yesterday right now. Yesterday was great, finished with a personal best time (out of two marathons, but shhhh!) of 4:42:19 chip time or 4:48:24 race time. Thanks if you were one of the people praying for me!

The thunderstorms made things interesting. Running in the rain comes with a different set of hazards, namely chaffing. I had no idea nipples can bleed like that.

Like I expected, I'm feeling some muscle soreness too, maybe this is what it's like when you're eighty? I'm currently pretty much saturated on "vitamin I" , and I actually feel pretty good while I'm sitting here at the kitchen table, but going to my apartment's laundry room is going to be a special experience. Going down the stairs is what hurts the worst right now. But, I maintain that it's all still worth it.


It wasn't as hot yesterday as it was when I ran it last year, so I was able to shave about 25 minutes off my time. Because I am a huge nerd, and have previously decided that I would do absolutely nothing but sit around and heal today, I thought it would be fun to make a graphical comparison.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! That's awesome - I might run the TC marathon the year after next... next fall, we're getting married!

Chris said...

yes, congrats!
fabulous running man!