Tuesday, June 19, 2007

avocado advocacy




I can never seem to fully express the inner joy that guacamole gives me. It warms me to my very core. It is bar none my favorite thing to bring to a party. If you've ever had any of the guac I make, you might think that I whip it up as a means to impress people, but really I'm just bringing it with the intentions of eating 3/4 of the bowl myself.

No, seriously.

That's is why I feel like it's in my best interests to publish my recipe.


*Three ripe avocados
*One large tomato, diced
*An entire onion (yes, really, the whole thing), diced

*Coupla tbsps. lime juice

*
a spoon dried cilantro
*a lovin' spoonful of crushed red pepper.

Really, you can add these in any order that you like, but every second the avocados are citrus-less they oxidize a little, so I recommend adding the lime juice right after the goods are pitted and mashed.

It goes without saying that results may vary because I refuse to make it an exact science (are avocados, tomatoes and onions coming in standardized sizes now? No? That's what I thought) so try not to get hung up on whether to add one or one and a half tbsp. red pepper. Other than that, my only advice is make this a lot, especially when I'm around.





3 comments:

Victoria said...

mmm....I bet that guac would be AMAZING with you Chicken Chili I had at the last Hope Chili Bowl I was at....

mmm....Chili and Guac....mmmm....

timmer k. said...

mmmmm....

Okay. Don't laugh--but when Jess and I were at a restaurant in Arizona they added one other ingredient that totally made a great thing EVEN greater. That extra ingredient was:

Pomegranite seeds.

Not kidding. Seriously. Give it a shot some time. You'll love it.

Topher said...

Pomegranite seeds, eh? That's a really interesting idea. I'll have to "research" this post-haste.