Monday, April 30, 2007

Brane phartz

Okay. About April 2007: fastest month *ever*. Has anybody else noticed how time isn't what it used to be? I'm really starting to suspect that some evil supervillain has somehow succeeded in making the second ever slightly shorter, resulting in a net loss of maybe a few hours by the end of the day. Since I have absolutely no idea how that could even happen, I'm not going to try and do anything about it, I guess I'll just have to roll with the punches.

What?

It's funny how the two things that we feel most constrained by, time and money, are both just human inventions and exist only via social consensus. Time might be real in string theory, but just as a sort of dimensional space. Other than that its pretty much just a way of explaining sequences, right? Money, of course, used to be worth the gold that was backing it up, but now that's not even really true anymore as most of the world's money is imaginary. It's nothing more than perceived value. Let's consider the humor of this for a bit. Every time you make a purchase, you are basically ripping somebody off by giving them something mostly imaginary in exchange for some real quantity. The flipside is that every time you get your paycheck, you are receiving an imaginary quantity in exchange for the very real effort you gave to the man who keeps us down.

And yet still as I sit and write this, I'm starting to develop my own plans for maximizing things within my own time and money boundaries today.


Maybe I should live as a free man and only worry about *real* problems. Like the boogeyman for instance.

Or, after reading everything that I've come up with in this post, maybe a better option would be just taking 6 benadryl tablets and sleeping until finals blow over. The tests and interviews I had last week left me nicely insane for this weekend. I have this theory that the human brain will compensate for long periods of maintaining focus on study and attempt to "balance out" by producing complete nonsense thoughts in the wake of said times. I need a name for this effect and I'm in no state to come up with anything decent at this point.

Freakin' stat theory. Get out of my head.

No comments: